Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Header Competition #50 - All the Worlds a Stage

The header theme this week by (Gailsman the actor) and is "All the Worlds a Stage". He is in a play at this time and the theme is right up his alley. Mac, Gail's Man, Lanny, Dave and I have a little contest to show a new theme header each week. We now post anytime before 4 PM EDT and start the voting after that.

Darla, Martha and Tom W are on a break. Come back as soon as you are able my friends.

I have not been to a play in quite a while so I will borrow from the immortal William Shakespeare's play "As You Like It" where it says "All the worlds a stage". I saw this stage near the shore at the lake today. You can only imagine the stories told here.
Mister Blue Jay trying to decide which peanut to chose, it is quite the show on the stage.
A Red Bellied Woodpecker was happy to stop and converse.
A mating pair of Dark Eyed Junco were telling me quite a story and were very thankful for the spill of the bird seed.
The one I finally chose was a Morning Dove that was acting on the stage this past week.

16 comments:

imac said...

Very neat Tom.
Good luck with the voting

Dave Cawkwell said...

Love the birds, and yes I agree that staging could probably tell a story or two.

Unknown said...

Quite a good take on my theme Tom.

Darla said...

How neat are all of these photos? VERY!!

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Great photos, Tom... I like them all....
Betsy

Coloradocasters said...

Fantastic perspective on this post. Great photos and love how you tie it all together like a neighborhood play just waiting to hit the big-time. Nicely done.

Gaelyn said...

And all of life the characters.

Cezar and Léia said...

Adorable post, your critters are so delicate and beautiful!
I'm also enchanted by the first shot, imagine...I would be very happy if I could be there in that bench!
Hugs
Léia

Anonymous said...

the birds have doubts about the food,..

hahahhaha
funny
Grace Olsson

Joe Todd said...

Enjoyed the post Tom.. We have been having some nasty storms in my part of Ohio.. Hope they are missing you. The tornado warning siren goes off and I run outside with my camera

Gretchen said...

Just beyond gorgeous, Tom! I can sit here and look at the visual treat you shared and feel like I was there visiting with you! :)

Anonymous said...

WHat delightful shots!

Mary said...

Wonderful photos and that dove certainly looks like a real "ham" actor. They know how to strut across any stage available....and they hate to leave.

Twisted Fencepost said...

All great shots, FG!!
Especially that dove. Beautiful!!

Tipper said...

I like all the stages-but the first is my favorite :)Lots of good stories told there I'm sure!

Lanny said...

What a wonderful post. Mourning doves are such a delight and how wonderful that she was on stage for you!