Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Wednesday Potpourri # 4 / Just Catching Up

My Wednesday Potpourri will consist of shots that I have taken along the Cuyahoga River and have wanted to share.

I would think this a Circular part is from the canal which was built in a round shape of brickwork. Click to see it better. This rock in the river reminded me of a big turtles head rising out of the river.
We had some problems under the Main Street bridge when a railroad car was too tall. It scrapped the bottom of the bridge and took out the AT&T fiber optic cable then dragged the cable and broke of this telephone pole like it was a tooth pick. This is the case of an unstoppable object against an immovable object. The momentum of the unstoppable object wins every time.

Here is one of dry moss shot in the Spring. I guess I like moss and rocks.

Awards


I received two awards from Darla, who has a neat site from Florida with flora and fauna. The one is the Million Dollar Friend Award which I had already had received but this one is new called the Premio Dardes (High Standards) Award. It acknowledges the values that every blogger shows in his/her effort to transmit cultural, ethical, literary and personal values everyday.

I would like to pass it on to these neat sites.

1. Marcos Santos - A wonderful photographic site from Brazil.

2. Luiz Ramos - A member of Sky Watch/Today's Flowers and My World from Brazil.

3. Denise BC - One of the leaders of Today's Flowers from Brazil.

4. Salty of Country Capture from Pennsylvania for his views on nature.

5. Ivar for showing his homeland of Norway and his work on Sky Watch and My World.

6. Lawstude for his showing us so much of the Philippines.

7. Carolyn from North Carolina and her Appalachian Mountain photography.

20 comments:

Unknown said...

Great post as usual. I personally have thought about doing the buttermilk thingy to get moss to grow on a rock like that. I enjoyed the post, oh yeah, that was a big rock the turtle one. Congrats again on your awards.....you deserve sooo much more.

Leedra said...

Congratulations on the award.

I agree, it looks like a turtle.

Carletta said...

Congrats on your awards Fishing Guy!
I love the 'turtle' shot. It really does look like a turtle and to me it looks like its head is turned and looking at you. I even see an eye!

Twisted Fencepost said...

Congratulations on the award. Boy, you sure are a popular guy! And with good reason!!
Your shots are interesting along with the narration of each one.
I took some shots of moss covered rocks over the summer, but I just haven't blogged about them yet. I'll get around to it.

Michele said...

Beautiful photos.. and that big rock truly does look like a turtle's head! Amazing!

Congratulations on your awards. You really do deserve them... you are a special friend and photographer!

~Michele~

RazorFamilyFarms.com said...

Congratulations on your award!!! Love the photos!

As always, your posts are an absolute joy!

Blessings!
Lacy

Unknown said...

An interesting group of photos!
congrats on the award!

D Herrod said...

The perspective/angle of the third one is my favorite.

Anonymous said...

congrats for this well reserved award. wonderful photos too, specially, i like the second one

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the Award!! Neat pics-love the round brick part of the canal. And I adore moss covered rocks.

Anonymous said...

We used to have the Miami and Erie Canal along the Stillwater River area east of where I live and some of the gates are in the river like this. I would guess the circular stone work had something to do with the gates swinging open and closed. Some of the old canal is still visible but much filled-in with dirt and debris and lots of trees growin in what was once the bottom. That mainly runs through or at the edge of Vandalia, Ohio.

abb said...

Congratulations on you award - well deserved!

That one photo really does look like a turtle!

Thanks for the tour, FG.

Anonymous said...

An interesting series along the river. Too bad about the cable incident.

imac said...

Congrats on your award.
Great shotsFishing Guy, I like rocks and moss too.

Thanks for your visit and comments, I guess I know them, Just like my mate and I at the pub, putting the world to rights.lol

♥ Denise BC ♥ said...

Hi Fishing
I thank his memory and I am very flattered with the prize, thanks buddy.

Lapa37 said...

I agree with you about the turtle head.It looks just like a giant one. Thanks for stopping by my place I always look forward to your visits.

Anonymous said...

Fishing Guy,
You were my first friend on Web/blogs.
An Award from you honoured me very much. Thanks.
Luiz Ramos
Rio de Janeiro, November 13, 2008

Tina said...

Clap, clap, whistle, whistle on getting yet another award!!! You deserve it! Like the pic of the rock/turtle head..and I thought I was the only one who takes the time to stand there to see one image in another!! tee he

Marcos Santos said...

Olá meu amigo Fish

I was very honored to receive an award, from a friend like you.

Thank you very much.


Um Abraço
Marcos

Mary said...

Congratulations on the awards...well deserved. I like the river shots. What a mess that railroad car created...bet it upset a lot of people that lost their phone service. I can tell you are an engineer...you talk just like my husband :-)