I have had several people ask me recently why I blog. It is not an easy answer. It takes an effort to continually make post on a daily basis. You must be thinking of things to use for the blog and how you are going to present them. Blogging has definitely become a hobby which I enjoy.
My blog has changed over the past year I have been blogging. One of the biggest changes was the purchase of my Canon PowerShot SX-100-IS in early January. This little camera has improved my photographic ability by 10 fold. It is at the low end of the midsized cameras but works really well. The country concerts I attend do not allow removable lens cameras into the venue so my camera ends up being the best bet. The 8.2 MP makes it a great camera for printing quality photos. I did a photo shoot with all eight grand kids and am very happy with the results.
So, back to why do I blog?
1. I blog to share with others what is happening in my life.
2. I blog to share my love of four things: family, fishing, photography and country music.
3. I blog to meet friends who have common interest. You do find people who enjoy your interest and who will share their likes with you.
4. I blog to see what others in the world are doing. I have visited people throughout the USA, Canada, England, Norway, Portugal, Fiji, Singapore, Brazil, Greece, Philippines, Australia and Tasmania. I feel I have made many friends through my travels through the Internet.
5. I am able to share with new bloggers my experiences on the Internet.
6. Now the best reason is: I do it because I have fun blogging and feel a reward when someone enjoys what I've done.
I received a award from Carletta at Round the Bend as a Super Commenter. I feel comments are the life blood of the blog world. It lets people know that you thought enough of what they have done to take the time to tell them so. I would like to pass this award along to Klaus at Virtua Gallery and Tom at Ohio Nature because they both visit and help me when I go astray on any of my identifications of birds and bugs.