Tuesday, August 5, 2008

A Potpourri of Shots

The garden is producing very well this year. We have had descent rains almost all July and August is starting the same way. The yard is still very green and it is usually brown by this time. This is my second small Super Sonic Tomato and it is small but bigger then the Cherry Tomatoes. The Great Blue Heron came to the pond for two days and this is what started my bird collection for today.

I zoomed in pretty far and got a fair head shot from the distance away.
He came close to the road once and I caught him flying away. Click on any picture to see better.
He made a graceful landing for a big bird.
This was one of a pair of Cedar Waxwings which were at work. The other one was deep in the tree.
He posed for quite a while with his treasure before leaving.
A Mallard with her two ducklings were swimming in a pond.
The pond where the Great Blue Heron was showing off produced these two Mourning Doves. Doves like sand and dirt probably to help with the grinding of grains.



I received an award from Tina of Life in the Lapadula House who is a fellow Camera Critters blogger.



The rules are to choose 5 bloggers that you feel are “Kick Ass Bloggers”. Let them know in your post, via email or blog comments that they’ve received an award. Share the love and link back to the person who awarded you.

The 5 people I choose are:
1. Pappy of Pappy's Balderdash He is a great story teller.
2. Tipper of Blind Pig And The Acorn She is a wonderful person who shares her country heritage.
3. Misty of Misty Word's The founder of Camera Critters.
4. Fish Whisper of Pictures This Digital Photography A great photography sight from Fiji. I found him from his Xstreem Fishing sight - take an ocean fishing trip.
5. Lawstude of Lawstude's Journeys He takes you around the Philippians on wonderful journeys.

24 comments:

dot said...

I agree with you on Pappy. He's definitely a kick ass blogger!
Very nice looking vegetables. Our garden was poor this year. A nice bunch of photos!

Oman said...

Amazing set of pics. I specially love those bird pics coz i do have more than a dozen birds at home.

Thank you for the award, i really appreciate it.

The Birdlady said...

The veggies are beautiful - bet they are tasty as well. Nice heron and cedar waxwings..

Pappy said...

Hi FG, Thanks for the nomination. You are a very deserving recipient yourself. I loved the pictures of your garden harvest and the big blue heron. I could use a fresh veggie meal at noon today. Keep up the good work. Pappy

kjpweb said...

Good ones! And what a great shot of your harvest! Nicely done! Cheers, Klaus

Tom said...

Excellent set of pictures.. and guess what... I looked at all you past posts I've missed and enjoyed them all.. Loved the dragonflys. and the woodland walk is my kind of walk.
I hope this finds you well.. thanks for your vsit and comments.
The carved monk you commented on, was one of a pair of carvings in this area, the other is still be done .. it's a king fisher.. I must get back there to get a shot of it.

Lapa37 said...

Nice pictures I especially love the mom and her babies.You can see them really good when you enlarge the picture.

Anonymous said...

I love these pictures! Blue Herons nested in a tree above the big creek on my grandfather's farm -- the one I call The Farm. I used to love to watch those huge birds swoop down from the tree to cool their toes in the water. I love them.

Blessings!
Lacy

RazorFamilyFarms.com

raccoonlover1963/Lisa Myers said...

Congrats on the award! Great pictures. The first one of the blue herron looks a little similar to the Sand Hill Cranes I used to see in Florida. They are extremely loud, especially if you are camping in a tent and they stand outside your tent and make their call. Talk about an unwelcome alarm clock! LOL
Lisa

Warren Baker said...

Those Waxwings are something special fishing guy. Maybe i'll see some this winter. they are a rare winter visitor over hear.

Fish Whisperer said...

FG, Thank you so much for my first blog award. I feel very honored to receive it from you. Great post on the garden abd birds. Those peppers look wonderful. I bet the tomatos taste super. Thank you again for the award. I'll have it up later today.
Cheers

Anonymous said...

Your vegtables look amazing-so healthy! And once again I'm jealous of your birds-such good pictures.

Congrats to you! And
Thank you for the award!!! Really means alot coming from you. I totally love what you do.

EG CameraGirl said...

You've gotten quite a haul from your garden alredy! Not bad for this early in August.

I'm seeing a few blue herons lately in blogs and I'm beginning to get very, very jealous! ;-) Good shots!

***Fotografia e Luz*** said...

wonderful pictures

Voz do meu Coração said...

Excellent photos!very nice

Cátia said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cátia said...

very nice shots!! absolutely wonderful

Daniel J Santos said...

Very beautiful images, excellent.

Michele said...

Beautiful pictures... the Blue Heron is very impressive as is all the other photos.

Tink *~*~* said...

Loved the pics of your heron. A few of those come 'round my pond every now and then, too. I could watch them wade and hunt all day, if it weren't for this little thing called work :D

Tink *~*~*
My Mobile Adventures *~*~*

Gina said...

Fabulous harvest there FG..nothing like home grown goodness!
I linked your dragon-fly pics on my blog this week..congrats on your well deserved award! :D

abb said...

Those veggies...I'm envious! My garden has produced exactly 1 tomato, 1 squash and 2 jalapenos...very sad this year.

2sweetnsaxy said...

Great pics. Congrats on your award! :-)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.