Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Header Competition Season 2 # 9 - Let It Snow

The header theme this week by myself is "Let It Snow". Mac, Gail's ManLanny, Dave and I have a little contest to show a new theme header each week. We now post anytime before 4 PM EDT and start the voting after that.  I had know idea what I was asking for when I chose this subject. Three days of snow has left us with 2 feet on the ground.

Darla, Martha and Tom W are on a break. Come back as soon as you are able my friends.

I was just fishing last week but this is the results of choosing the subject of snow. The sun was shining for the first time this week.
The deck is really covered during this snow storm.
My artsy look at the snow with the Christmas lights. My snow covered truck is in the background.
The deer love the snow and to visit the backyard. Isn't she a beauty.
The one I chose shows the deer in the backyard.


You can go see what the others have to show above.

20 comments:

Darla said...

It is beautiful! Good gravy, how much snow fell?

Lanny said...

Wow1 Pretty much is all this jealous person can mutter.

Oh I like the deer by the way, and the Christmas lights - Christmas lights should always have snow, but dark rainy green afternoons should always have Christmas lights!

Dave Cawkwell said...

The amount of snow puts ours to shame. As for the deer coming to say hello wonderful.

imac said...

Jeeze, this is summat to show my friend.

FilipBlog said...

It certainly snowed more than in the Netherlands

Unknown said...

That's some snow you've had. I bet your town doesn't come to a standstill, like the UK does.

Corner Gardener Sue said...

I enjoyed all of your snow photos. That artsy one was cool. I am longing for some snow, but we've only had a dusting so far.

Anonymous said...

I see that you received quite a bit of snow too. It's beautiful to look at but not so nice to drive in! That is a gorgeous picture of the deer, the close-up one.

George said...

Two feet! Well at least you had a chance to get these wonderful pictures. I like thehotos of the deer.

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Wooo---that is alot of snow... I was excited to see 1/2 inch here... ha ha

Great pictures... I love the ones with the deer.
Betsy

KaHolly said...

WOW! I guess you've had snow! I almost miss it! (not) Great new header. ~karen

Cezar and Léia said...

I'm enchanted by this cute deer!
Wonderful set of winter scenery there, your header is beautiful!
Stay warm!
Hugs
Léia

Pietro Brosio said...

Tom, these are very beautiful winter images, you have much snow there indeed. I like the picture of the Christmas lights on the snow!

Craver Vii said...

Say, have you seen that one particular deer with the shiny nose? I know Dasher and Dancer and Prancer and Vixen...

Hilary said...

You sure have a winter wonderland there. Beautiful photos. I just love that gorgeous, dear, deer face.

Tipper said...

2 feet-wow! Love all the snowy pics-especially the header : )

Sylvia K said...

Hey, Tom! That's a lot of snow! It is beautiful, but have to admit that after living for years in Montana, I can do without snow for a few more years! I do love the deer! How lovely! Hope all is going well, have a wonderful week!

Sylvia

Craver Vii said...

The deer really DO like your yard, don't they?

Happy birthday!

imac said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TOM.
Hope you celebrate,lol.

Twisted Fencepost said...

Yes, she is a beauty!
And so is that snow.
We had a couple of inches here on Christmas night.