Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Header Competition Season 2 # 29 - "Fast"

The theme this week is by Gail's Man which is "Fast".  Mac, Gail's ManLanny, Dave,Sandy and I have a little contest to show a new theme header each week. We now post anytime before 4 PM EDT and start the voting after that.

"Fast" is something that you have to capture quickly. But when I think of Fast I think of the famous race between the tortoise and the hare. They had the race and the Fast hare didn't do so well. Here is a rabbit (hare) eating the grass in the back yard.

The slow tortoise did eventually win the race. Here is a turtle at the lake on Tuesday. I saw five turtles (tortoise) on the logs sunning themselves. 
We got really close to this one and fished right beside it.
The fast I decided to show is the Hooded Merganser a small diving duck. They are really wary and very hard to approach. They either dive under or take off with great speed. They are a very fast on wing. This is the best I could do with a fly-by shot. I love the coloring on the white colored male merganser.
See what the others have shown above. 

11 comments:

imac said...

Hi Tom, some nice pics here for Speed.
Go Hare go,lol.

Becca's Dirt said...

Good job. I like your rabbit in the yard. Thats a big turtle.

Sylvia K said...

Oh, love the bunny and the turtles!! I do hope Sandy sees the turtles, she LOVES them!! Hope your week is going well, Tom!

Sylvia

Dave Cawkwell said...

Like the sunbathing turtles Tom very nice.

SandyCarlson said...

I love that turtle shot as well as all the speed shots. The turtle and the hare--turtles are so much more cooperative with photographers!

Unknown said...

A good selection of wildlife. Bet you didn't have to race around for these.

George said...

You did a great job with this theme. I like the header with the ducks -- they definitely look fast.

Twisted Fencepost said...

Birds are so hard to get good pics of. And sometimes so are the rabbits.

Reanaclaire said...

Beautiful and clear pictures here, Tom...

http://graceolsson.com/blog said...

Tom, before my trip to South America, I was worried about how I could take photos of carnival. I don´t know if you know but the dancers to dance very fast and I asked to a photographer and I was surprised by the advices


always u show us great headers

congrats
http://graceolsson.com/blog/2011/04/freedom-i-can%c2%b4t-live-without-it/

Anonymous said...

This is a beautiful picture good job

Rick Hayes
Haze N Ship Charters
http://www.tampabaychartering.com