Wednesday, April 10, 2013

"LOOKING UP"

The theme this week by Kathy is "Looking Up". Mac, Kathy, Craver, Lew and I have a little contest to show a new theme header each week. We now post anytime before 4 PM EDT on Wednesdays and voting begins after that.

I choose this photo from my Turkey trip. I was looking up inside the Blue Mosque in Istanbul, Turkey. The cables held a large oil powered chandelier which was converted to electric.
The Blue Mosque is a beautiful structure with the four minarets.
It is a working mosque and you have to cover your shoes to enter.
This is looking up at the Egyptian obelisques brought by the Romans for chariot races. This is next to the mosque.
I was at Mike's Place in Kent, Ohio for breakfast and had to take some looking up photos. 
This is usually found looking up at a barn.
Looking up at a combo of truck grill, little red wagon and stop light.
Elvis and R2D2 are found by looking up. What a surprising place to look up.
See what the others show on my side bar. 

10 comments:

Craver Vii said...

Wow, you got to go inside a mosque? I like how they can make beautiful things without creating the image or likeness of people (or God).

imac said...

True blue my friend

Great looking up .

Sylvia K said...

Your captures from Turkey are awesome, Tom!! And your ones from "home" are delightful!! Always enjoy your posts/photos! Thanks for sharing!! Hope your week is going well!

Lew said...

The old religious places are magnificent! Especially when you think they were build without power tools and cranes. And always look up and down to not miss some special sights.

Linda G. said...

Mike's Place reminds me of a place we ate in Ohio. I can't recall the name of it right now. I think it was in Grand River .. somewhere near Mentor. Anyway there was lots to see, when looking up!

Jo said...

Tom, I'm impressed that you could enter a mosque AND take photos. And what an image looking up. I kept scrolling up to see it again. And I love your home take on Looking up. Thanks for sharing.

Jackie said...

How wonderful for you that you visited such a magnificent place!
Beautiful photographs!!

ZielonaMila said...

Great post:) Greetings

Unknown said...

Must say that the pictures and information of the blog goes with the name of the blog that is "LOOKING UP". First of all the pictures are amazing and good. Must say that, captured awesome photos.

Portland Condos

FilipBlog said...

I was also in Istanbul this week and published an article of the Blue Mosque a few days ago. A fantastic building.

Greetings,
Filip