Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Header Competition Season 2 # 36 "That's Silly"

The theme this week is by me which is "That's Silly".  MacGail's Man,LannyDave,Sandy and I have a little contest to show a new theme header each week. We now post anytime before 4 PM EDT on Wednesday and start the voting after that. I wonder what whimsical shots we will get.

This is my friend Wally giving me a Silly Look while fishing. We started out wearing our Winter gear this year.
This is my grandson (Big G) AKA (Soccer Boy). He came fishing with Wally and I and only had a Silly short sleeve shirt which read Blah Blah Blah. A little wind on the water can be really cold. I gave him one of my hats and a jacket (much too big) to wear. The Silly Boy caught a Fish 9 1/4" Ohio Bluegill first time out.
Here is a Silly Fish that he caught. It is a Red Ear Bluegill. Since fish don't have ears isn't that a Silly name. They hear through the lateral line down the side of there body. The red spot at the back of the gill plate is where the name comes from. They grow really fast and are great fighters.
My header is a crappie that was being Silly and thought he could eat a much to big bluegill.  That Silly trick caused him to become my lunch.


See what the others did above.

9 comments:

Darla said...

Looks like ya'll had a big time fishing!

imac said...

Fishing Guys Funny Fish, n-eat header to.

Dave Cawkwell said...

Its times like this you don't want to be the little fish. Nice header.

Jenn Jilks said...

That's a hoot. Well done!

Cheers from S.E. Ontario Cottage Country!

SandyCarlson said...

That little fish must be wondering who turned out the lights! Fishermen of all ages know all about fun!

Reanaclaire said...

hey Tom, I love the header.. bigger fish swallow smaller fish.. wonder how it digest! :)

Twisted Fencepost said...

I can only imagine what was going through the mind of that fish. LOL

Craver Vii said...

That header made me laugh out loud!

Coy Hill said...

Luv this fishing post! And those are some really nice panfish!