Wednesday, September 5, 2012

The theme this week by Richard is "Trough the Window" Mac, Chris,Kathy, GailRich  and I have a little contest to show a new theme header each week. We now post anytime before 4 PM EDT on Wednesdays and voting begins after that. 

This ended up a tough week trying to decide which way to go. I found some neat photos out of the family room window. There was a black squirrel getting buckeyes off the Ohio Buckeye Tree. It gave some neat shots trough the window.
I did a close-up of the black squirrel.
That night I got this shot through the window. You can see the large mouth bass reflection. This was going to be my header until I thought of another time I shot through a window.
I thought of the trip to Europe in 2010 and crossing the Alps by bus with the Shaker Heights Band. We are going to Turkey in the Spring. I took a lot of photos out of the bus window. Here is a shot of the Dolomite Mountains as we passed by. 
The weather wasn't always perfect but I still took photos through the window. How can you resist when you have mountains and cool towns.
My favorite was the view of the Alps as we got closer. This ended up being my header,
See what the others have to show at the above links.

8 comments:

imac said...

Quite a collection here Tom,
Like the header, but my fav one is through the window(with rain drops on) = Austria by any chance? lol.

Sylvia K said...

I love your "through the window" captures, Tom! The squirrel is such a fun one and I love the raindrops! Hope your week is going well! Enjoy!

Craver Vii said...

The header is beautiful. I like the reflection with the mounted bass. I originally thought it was looking into another room.

FilipBlog said...

A well deserved header price

Greetings,
Filip

DeniseinVA said...

Lovely selection including the header. What I noticed was your window treatment, loved it and I thought how clever. Your other photos are wonderful, and I did love that view out of the window looking at the mountain on a rainy day. Cute squirrel. For the first time ever I saw a black squirrel when I was driving a few days ago. I was shocked and delighted as I had never seen one before.

KaHolly said...

WOW!! Awesome header. It is a grand prize winner!!

Unknown said...

Yes, you made the right decision on your header, as although the squirrel photo is cute, the mountain scene tells a better story. And like Mac, I love the raindrop picture too.

Unseen India Tours said...

Beautiful and Fantastic !! I simply loved it !! Unseen India