Wednesday, November 7, 2012

"SHOP WINDOW"

The theme this week by Mac  is "Shop Window" Mac, Chris,Kathy, Rich  and I have a little contest to show a new theme header each week. We now post anytime before 4 PM EDT on Wednesdays and voting begins after that.

I told Mac we were at a disadvantage in the states. England has some great little shops. My only chance was Acorn Alley in Kent. This is a new downtown developement that has a lot of little shops. I went down this morning and took some photos.

This is across the street which is Empire Gifts. It has a neat shop window.
McKay Bricker has a neat shop window with Christmas ornements displayed.
 Check out all the options.a
Connected is Kent State Gallery which has an art display in the shop window.
The Works has a lot of gifts at the front of Acorn Alley.
This is the shop window in Acorn Alley of Home Markets. Too bad the "O" in the OPEN sign was burnt out.
See what the others have to show at the above links.

7 comments:

imac said...

Great selection of shops Tom, Neat Header too, Wonder what the wonder is too,? lol.

Sylvia K said...

I love your shops, Tom!! Great captures for the day!! Hope you're having a great week!

Katney said...

Great shops, Tom. I have a lingering cough so stayed with my archives. All my windows are in England, though after seeing Richard's shot from Turkey I may add a couple of great windows in India to my post.

Craver Vii said...

Neat shops! I've been to Downtown Chicago and they've had some interesting shops, but I've never really tried to get photos from that.

Sandi McBride said...

I think each shop window is unique and fun...good job! One of them reminded me of WH Smith's book dealers...made me miss Ruislip!
Sandi

Unknown said...

Those shops look like we have in England. All independents, rather than large chains. We have a shop called The Works too; only they sell books

Fishing Charters Tarpon Springs said...

Yes the post is very interesting here.