Thursday, February 5, 2015

"Spare Time"

The theme this week by Craver is "Spare Time". Mac, Kathy, Craver, Lew, Christine and I have a little contest to show a new theme header each week. We now post anytime before 4 PM EDT on Wednesdays and voting begins after that. Computer problems held me up this week, since Kathy was late Mac asked me to post.

My favorite Spare Time activities are Fishing (big surprise) and photography. I combine them both from my boat. Here is my grandson with a crappie he caught.
 I usually target crappie and enjoy some good catches and eating.
The beauty of the lake does not escape me. The early morning is spectacular.
It has so many faces with the water, sun, fog and shoreline.
I do catch some stringers of crappie.a
I always enjoy the birds at the lake. There are three different species of water birds in this shot. Can you name them?
The cormorant always runs on the water to take off. I enjoy the splashing as it tries to take flight.

See what the others show on my side bar.

10 comments:

Sylvia K said...

Terrific captures as always and you did have some awesome skies!! They really took my breath away!! Hope you have a great weekend!!

imac said...

Neat header DF Tomand a little fishy post lol, great work.and hope you get your outer back on line soon

Lew said...

Nothing like the smile of a young fisherman with a catch! Unless it's an older fisherman with a catch. love the morning shot of the lake!

Craver Vii said...

No surprise there, but it sure makes for nice pictures! I was glad you could participate, Tom!

heritagemom said...

Definitely a perfect way to spend your spare time--whether it's fishing or enjoying that beautiful lake.

Katney said...

One would, of course, expect a fish from you.

Ruth Hiebert said...

hat's a lot of fish. The lake is so peaceful and beautiful.

Jenn Jilks said...

What lovely scenes, and fun, fishing!!!!

Small Kucing said...

wow...very good catch

George said...

It looks as if your grandson is following in your footsteps! You've got a great way to enjoy your spare time.