Wednesday, April 8, 2015

"Pictures From the Past"

The theme this week by Lew is "Pictures From the PastMac, Kathy, Lew, Christine and I have a little contest to show a new theme header each week. We now post anytime before 4 PM EDT on Wednesdays and voting begins after that. 

One  way to get a picture of the past is to take a photo of a printed picture. This one takes me back over 20 years ago and a fishing trip of a lifetime. The place was off the shore of Quepos Costa Rica in the Pacific Ocean. The catch is a 42" Roosterfish, the largest fish I caught that day. The boat was a 24 foot Bertram, very suitable for ocean fishing. The captain asked if we wanted to fish for sailfish but I choose Roosterfish. We caught Blue Runners for bait and started trolling. There were no results and I had my son-in-law to ask the boat captain if I could hold the rod. 12 Roosterfish later and tired out we were done. The captain called the fish el grande and even though I didn't know Spanish I knew what that meant. 
 A picture of my grand kids from the past, they are so cute when they are young and playful. 
See what the others show on my sidebar.

7 comments:

Linda G. said...

This blog post fits in with the Throwback Thursday posts that I have seen on Facebook. Your passion for fishing goes way, way back.

Sylvia K said...

They're adorable!!! Thanks for sharing this one!! I love it!!

Lew said...

That's a mighty fine fish and delightful kids!

Katney said...

What darlings. The kids, too.

imac said...

You have a passion for both Tom MF, FF
Family and er? Oh Fish. lol

heritagemom said...

What a great (and true!) fish story. Loved reading about the story behind the picture. And the grandkids--I love taking pictures of silly faces, and this one captures some great expressions!

Small Kucing said...

cheeky kids...cute :)