Tuesday, September 2, 2008

What Is It XV Answer

What Is It: The answer is as follows.

The little hopper is a Potato Leaf Hopper. I love the V-sign on its back. Victory/ V8 Engine - not sure which but very interesting up close. They do hop quickly.The small moth is a Spotted Beet Web-worm Moth.
The flower is a Black-Eyed Susan - Rudbeckia Hirta.
The winners are:
1: Cathy got us on the right track with her butt joke and the moth wing.
2: Leora was on the spot with the flower
3: Tom named the leaf hopper.
That was a fun one and I hope everyone enjoyed the game.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a cool model the hopper has !

Leora said...

That was fun! It helps that you picked the flower that is growing all around my house.

Fish Whisperer said...

Sorry I did not participate as I knew none of the said bugs or flowers, but I liked the photos.
Cheers

Stacey Olson said...

BUMMER! I missed out on the last post, and came in on the answer... lol sorry I was late..Off to listen to some of your music now..

kjpweb said...

Cool - that was a good one!
Cheers, Klaus

Unknown said...

Wow. I would have never guessed. very nice!

Leedra said...

I didn't guess, but I like these photos.

Anonymous said...

That was good one-least I thought one was a moth!

Gina said...

I missed having a guess but the answers are wonderful (wouldn't have picked right though!) ..always enjoy catching up on your posts!