Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Header Competition # 14

The header theme this week by me and is "Exotic Animals". I was tired of all the ice and snow and wanted to show you something from the plains of South Africa. Mac,TomDarla and I have a little contest to show a new theme header each week. Go to the other sites to see their interpretation of this weeks theme. 


All the photos are from "The Wilds" in Ohio.The Grevy's Zebra fit the bill but I didn't use him. Are you starting to feel warmer? You can click on any to get a closer look.

How about a Giraffe looking out from the shade, good but not the one.


There were a pair of Common Eland on the side of the hill, no not them.


How about the Cheetah under the tree, really tempting.


Then it must be the pair of Cheetah in the shade, no not those ones either.

I finally chose the Southern White Rhino Family. I think this is exotic an animal as possible. Will this bring home the Gold to Ohio? We have to wait and see.

24 comments:

imac said...

You Cheetah, i have one too,ha.
Love this selection Tom.

Darla said...

Wonderful!!

Tom said...

Excellent Thomas.... all of the picture but I do like the White Rhino..

Unknown said...

Great selection of wild animals. I live quite a way away from any zoos.

Becca's Dirt said...

OK I love your header. Great photos of exotic animals.

Dorothy said...

You would be hard pressed to find animals any more exotic than these!

Craver Vii said...

Exotic animals = exotic smells.

KaHolly said...

What a delightful change from the norm! The pictures are all excellent; I can see why you had a difficult time choosing the right one.

Corner Gardener Sue said...

I think you picked the right one! I am too scatterbrained to keep up enough to vote, but maybe I will some time.

wenn said...

fantastic photos! i love the striking stripes of the zebra.

Bill S. said...

That north end of a south facing zebra is not a "header." Great pictures.

Anonymous said...

The cheetah would definitely be tempting, but WoW! how could you pass up those rhinos! Yikes

Anonymous said...

I checked out the others & in my opinion, yours wins... hands down!

SAPhotographs (Joan) said...

I LOVE them all Tom especiall the last cheetah one and the rhino you have as a header now.

Bhavesh Chhatbar said...

Very nice post Fishing Guy, and a great header. Believe me, when I just opened your blog, I was about to comment that the header looks incredible without knowing that the first post is on that only :)

I'll check out Mac, Tom and Darla's blogs.

Rajasthani Turbans

Bhavesh Chhatbar said...

Hello Fishing Guy,

I visited theirs; all are good :) Nice idea of such a competition!

Rays of Hope

Nicole said...

All shots are truly amazing.
What a wonderful place that must be where you can see them!

Cezar and Léia said...

Cute!A lovely family in your header!
an I felt in love for that beautiful giraffe!She is staring your camera! :)
Amazing!
Léia

** by the way, I also can see some cute big cats there! :) Wait, wait wait...I will call Luna, she will be delightful with these pictures!

Tipper said...

Great shots-including the new header!

Anonymous said...

Tom, you got some beautiful shots here - I especially love the zebra!

SandyCarlson said...

These critters thawed me out nicely. Made me think of what warmth is. Thanks.

Unknown said...

Cool series and I 2nd your choice of the Rhino family as the best...Thomas

Twisted Fencepost said...

Great shots, Tom! I am especially fond of the giraffes!

Canvas Prints said...

Fantastic quality of light in these shots, you can get them printed onto canvas here
mohka