Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Header Competition # 16 - Mushrooms/Fungi

The header theme this week by Darla from Florida and is "Mushrooms/Fungi". Mac,TomDarla and I have a little contest to show a new theme header each week. I have a new candidate for the contest, it is Martha at Menagerie from Florida. She will be posting for a chance to join the group.


I had to go to archives because snow and mushrooms don't exist together. These one were from the yard. They stay close together for protection.

This one reminds me of a Dr. Seuss book. "Would you eat them in a tree", yes mushrooms do grow in a tree Sam-I-Am"


This is my fairy ring mushroom, very colorful, I expect to see a Leprechaun around here..

This is such a colorful mushroom, I almost chose it.


This one was from the Kent Bog. It is not as colorful but certainly has a lot of earth tones. Perfect place to grow mushrooms don't you think.

The one I chose combines my love of animals with with the mushrooms it loves. I hope you enjoy my choice of the Eastern Gray Squirrels dinner.

19 comments:

Darla said...

That is something else in your header FG. You have quite the assortment of mushrooms in your archives....very nice.

imac said...

Nice one Tom, such a bushy tail you have there.

Tom said...

Excellent choice for the header and a great reminder to keep the wildlife well fed. You have a stunning selection of Fungi for us here.... I am reminded of one or two we have over here in your pictures.

James said...

I need to start looking down when spring comees because mushrooms are very interesting.

Vicki ~ FL said...

Love the squirrel & mushroom.

Becca's Dirt said...

Those are some great mushroom photos. They are so colorful and I haven't seen some of those shapes. I wish the grass was green like that right now.

Craver Vii said...

Do you suppose the squirrel knows how cute it is?

Dorothy said...

Wow, you have lots of different kinds! They are neat!

Martha said...

Excellent shots Tom and the header is totally adorable, love it! Thanks for inviting me to participate :-)

Louise said...

I LOVE your fairy ring and your header is cuter than cute. This contest is a little disheartening because I don't want this header to go away... but I didn't want last week's to go away either.

KaHolly said...

Love, love, love that new header!

threesidesofcrazy said...

Great picture for the header and theme!

Johnny Nutcase said...

excellent fungus shots, Tom. i love finding new mushrooms, they're all SO different. The squirrel picture is adorable - perfect timing! Love that photo!

SAPhotographs (Joan) said...

That has got to be one of the cutest pictures I have seen for a long time Tom!!! WOW!! Really love it.

Cezar and Léia said...

Hello Tom
Thanks for so interesting post about Mushrooms.I don't see leprechauns in your header but I see a smart squirrel, very cute!
I can't believe you got this shot, it's perfect, congrats!
purrs and love
Luna and mommy Léia

Unknown said...

I love shrooms :D
Nr. 4 is my Fav!
Lovely!

Mary said...

wonderful fungi! How could that header possibly lose??? It is so cute! I love it!

Twisted Fencepost said...

Great shots, FG!!
I think you chose the best for the header too. Love that!

Tipper said...

Lovely mushrooms-the last one is my favorite. They all remind me of fairies : )