Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Header Competition Season 2 # 17 Cleaning

The header theme this week by Gail's Man is "Cleaning".  Mac, Gail's ManLanny, Dave and I have a little contest to show a new theme header each week. We now post anytime before 4 PM EDT and start the voting after that.  

Darla, Martha and Tom W are on a break. Come back as soon as you are able my friends.

Cleaning photos this week have been all about cleaning driveways and streets. The snow storms I started in December have turned into February ice storms. We have had record snows and now this latest blizzard that moved in may set some Winter records. The good thing is Punxsutawney Phil  - Pennsylvania and  Buckeye Chuck - Ohio, the groundhog weather predictors, have called for an early Spring. So to show some results of "Cleaning" I show the following photos. This is my driveway after an 8" snow was cleaned by my snowblower.
Here is the small plow truck cleaning the circle across from my house.
This is at Kent State and the tractor they use to clean the streets and sidewalks. School was called off for two days.
Here is the big plow truck headed for my road. Please move and stop taking photos.
But what I have shown in my header is the cleaned roads being recovered by blizzard conditions we are having. First an ice storm and then freezing rain, sleet and snow with high winds. I'm ready for Spring and a thawed lake.


Check out what the others have shown from the links above.

18 comments:

darsden said...

Wow, that is a lot of snow! We just had some sleet about 10 minutes ago...on the Gulf of Mexico. They will probably close out state down because of this..LOL

myonlyphoto said...

Funny thing is today we got snowed in, and been snowing since midnight. Our first major winter storm .... I am just glad that I don't have to drive. Looks like you got some good snow yourself ... Hope all is well. Anna :)

Lanny said...

That's a big cleaning job for sure! Brrr. Glad the Groundhog is on your side.

Dave Cawkwell said...

Wow lots of snow to be cleaned away. We've only had that bit in December in the UK so far but I'm sure we will have more to look forward to, but I don't think as much as you have got. Roll on spring.

nancy said...

Yeah, we got snowed here in WNY. My previous town is had more snow than I do. We live near the lake and those who live away have the effect.
Happy Wednesday and Maybe I will joined in..
STay warm.
nancy

Unknown said...

You've certainly had a lot of snow. Alas we don't have exciting things like snowblowers. We are lucky if the council get round to gritting the roads.

Jeannette StG said...

Ugh that's a lot of snow -and your header looks very serious!!

eileeninmd said...

All I can say is thank god we have these snow plows. Stay warm and safe.

Sylvia K said...

Oh, it does look cold!! We actually had some sun today!!! Almost blinded me!! Great pics as always, Tom! Hope your week is going well1 Stay warm!

Sylvia

KaHolly said...

The snowplow operators are sure earning their money THIS year!!

George said...

You got some good pictures of the street and sidewalk cleaning that has been necessary this year. Of course, there has been a lot of recovering going on as well. I like the photo you selected for your header, but I'm glad things didn't get quite that bad down here.

Anonymous said...

That is a lot of snow! We too have masses, but it's melting now... Let's hope spring will come soon.

Cezar and Léia said...

Amazing how much snow you're getting! Here after a threatening end of Autumn (with airport chaos included), we have hardly seen any snow. And also hardly any sun...
God bless you!
Cezar

imac said...

Nice cleaning snow shots Tom, sorry for the quick change and thanks for bearing with me on this.
Arrived back from Canvey Sat PM, got delayed with probs with MIL.

Tipper said...

Yikes what a winter you have had!

Darla said...

I know you are way ready for some thawing out!

Kichu $ Chinnu | കിച്ചു $ ചിന്നു said...

nice captures of the snow . I am in a part of the world where I cannot expect to get a chance to shoot those :(

Twisted Fencepost said...

You guys have really had it rough this winter. The snow is so pretty, but after a few days it's just downright annoying.
I love the viking hats and the big smile on your face in that header picture!!!