Thursday, January 2, 2014

"It's All New"

The theme this week by me is "It's All New". Mac, Kathy, Craver, Lew, Christine and I have a little contest to show a new theme header each week. We now post anytime before 4 PM EDT on Wednesdays and voting begins after that. I hope you all had a wonderful star of the New Year

The year has started with winter storm Hercules dropping a lot of snow. I have cleared the driveway twice today. It is supposed to continue into tomorrow. The Holly Bush outside my window shows a good covering of the downfall.
You can see as I look at the neighborhood the snow plows aren't keeping up. There is a coating of ice under the snow so slippery driving.
My daughter and I went out for breakfast and the Star Wars fighter had a good coating of snow.
My truck is really showing the snowfall with the snow pile on the bumper.
Here is a friends lake that is frozen over.
So, two passes this morning with the snow blower with another to come for certain gets the driveway cleared.
See what the others show on my side bar.

11 comments:

Sylvia K said...

A cold, snow looking world, but beautiful! Hope your new year is off to a great start!! Enjoy!!

Sylvia

Craver Vii said...

"My other car is an X-Wing Fighter." Nice!!

Man, I just love the look of fresh snow!

imac said...

Lots of snow around over the Pond. Nea`at show Tom

imac said...

Snow go away, Great star wars shot my friend.

Lew said...

A new year and a new winter storm! Too bad the X-wing does not do deliveries. Your snow has now reached us and turning our world white. Happy New Year to you and your family!

Ruth Hiebert said...

Stay safe in the snow. We are expecting a snowfall tomorrow.

heritagemom said...

I think our snow here has finally stopped; with my hubby snowblowing the driveway for about the 5th time in two days! Love the snow-covered tree.

Jackie said...

I'm so jealous of all the snow on you guy's blogs! Sigh.
As you know, I live in South Georgia (only 5 minutes away from the Florida line) and we don't have snow in the winter. The only snow we have is the snow cone at the local fair in the fall. :)
Beautiful photographs....

Oman said...

I was looking for Frosty the Snowman in the photos but all I see are cool landscape :)

Jo Castillo said...

Lovely photos, thought I'd best stop by and say, "Happy New Year!" I look often but don't comment much anymore. Anyway we are fine and think of you.
Keep your snow over there! Ha.

Unknown said...

Is that an original Star Wars prop, or have they built it themselves?

We haven't had any snow yet, but we are bound to be getting some soon, as we tend to get whatever the States gets a couple of weeks later. Keep warm.