Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Don't Rock the Boat

The theme this week by Mac is "Don't Rock the Boat". Mac, Kathy, Craver, Lew, Christine, Wiggers and I have a little contest to show a new theme header each week. We now post anytime before 4 PM EDT on Wednesdays and voting begins after that. 

The kayaks are a boat you should not rock. It is a boat that can flip over. Use care, please don't rock these boats. 
 They do look like they are enjoying a row.
Sometimes the boat is a board, don't rock it. 
It does look like a stable platform.
Okay it's Spring, it was 74F on Monday and then we had snow overnight. The temperature dropped to 28F. These flowers are wondering who rocked the boat.
Here is a robin in the Ohio Buckeye Tree wondering why he came North to these conditions. How do you find worms on the ground when it is snow covered?
See what the others show on my sidebar.

10 comments:

imac said...

They say you can upright those Kayaks, not too sure if I would want to rock those Tom,lol Neat showing Plus the snow too.

Sylvia K said...

It is amazing how quickly the weather can and does change at this time of year!! Terrific photos as always, Tom!!

Craver Vii said...

My condolences on the frosty front that you received from this direction. To day that people were less than amused would be an understatement.

I have never seen those standing boards before. I really like them!

Lew said...

The boats may be steady, but our spring certainly has! Seems like we have similar size lakes nearby where the power boats do not rock the paddlers.

Tom said...

I think if I was to get into one of those it would bend in half... lovely header

heritagemom said...

I've never paddled a traditional kayak before; they certainly do rock! I keep seeing those stand-up boards more and more now, and I think they're becoming quite the rage on lakes and other water. I'd actually like to try one!

Linda G. said...

We had the same weather, 70s and then 30s. We got snow too, but just a dusting.

Jackie said...

Must be something about "not rocking the boat" and yellow this week.
I've seen yellow here and again on Craver's blog. I know. It must be the spring color of choice!
Lovely photos!
Here's hoping that spring lasts more than 3 days!!

Jenn Jilks said...

Haven't the weather conditions been awful?!
Flooding in SE Ontario, too.
(ツ) from Cottage Country Ontario !

Sally said...

Beautiful header.

I've never tried "boating" of any sort since as a teenager being taught to sail. It didn't work out too well. :)