Tuesday, September 2, 2014

E Pluribus Unum, or "Out of many, one"

The theme this week by Christine  is "E Plribus Unum". Mac, Kathy, Craver, Lew, Christine and I have a little contest to show a new theme header each week. We now post anytime before 4 PM EDT on Wednesdays and voting begins after that.

I thought about how to share this theme. It is a patriotic theme and what better to use then our national bird. The American Eagle gave me a fun pose.  It was one of many in the enclosure.
There were more in the enclosure along with the American flag.
Here are three in the show.
I had considered a Pink Flamingo which was one of many.
There were a many birds in this pond.
I think they are a showy bird,
See what the others show on my sidebar.

6 comments:

imac said...

Great shots Tom, love the Eagle and colourful Flamingoes too.

Craver Vii said...

I have wanted to brave the elements to get some eagle shots each winter, so I think it's neat that you got to get so close to my favorite bird. The flamingos are a feast for the eyes, too!

heritagemom said...

Tom, nice! I wasn't sure anyone would do a patriotic theme, but this fit the bill nicely. At first I thought you found a bald eagle in the wild!!

Lew said...

Indeed, the eagle is a great choice for this theme! I also love the color swirls in your last shot.

Small Kucing said...

Good shots. the contrast between the two birds species

Jenn Jilks said...

You have much fun with this, don't you?
I love the eagle. We've had a pair here. Lots of ospreys, too.
No flamingoes, though!