Wednesday, September 24, 2014

RAILROAD

The theme this week by me  is "Railroad". Mac, Kathy, Craver, Lew, Christine and I have a little contest to show a new theme header each week. We now post anytime before 4 PM EDT on Wednesdays and voting begins after that.

This is a caboose at a local Mexican restaurant. You don't see them on trains any longer. I was able to get close enough to get some train photos. It sits on an abandoned  set of tracks.
  The train wheel carries a lot of load. They are cut to a specific shape to carry the load.
Here is the stairs to get up into the caboose.
The coupler has to be strong to pull the loads of the train. 
I was at the Main Street bridge last week and a train came up the railroad track. I heard it first as it signaled when crossing the road. I then saw it coming round the bend.
I had no idea how long it would be but with four engines it was loaded and pulling about 200 cars.
It was fun  to see it come under the bridge and one trip filled in two themes.
See what the others show on my sidebar.

8 comments:

Sylvia K said...

Ah, I love trains and particularly when they had cabooses!!! What fun shots for the day and thanks for sharing! Hope your week is going well!!

Craver Vii said...

This variety is good. I especially like that you added close shots of the wheel and coupler.

And when I saw the word "Mexican," it reminded me to go and add one more thing to this week's post.

Lew said...

Nicely done! You got some excellent images of the train comin' round the bend. Also it is interesting that the muddy water seems to keep right in the river.

Katney said...

Maybe it's because I live "Out West", but I am sure I have still seen cabooses on some of our trains.

Great group of photos.

heritagemom said...

I really like that red caboose. But I also really like those last three images of the train coming. The diagonal lines draw me into each image. Nice work!

Small Kucing said...

Lovely.


The tracks so near to the stream. I wonder whether the stream will overflow or not

Ruth Hiebert said...

Those are some cool shots. I really like them. Have a great day.

Jackie said...

Trains are near and dear to my heart as my son is an engineer for Norfolk Southern...