Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Header Competition Season 3 # 6 - "Postcard From Kent, Ohio"

The theme this week is by Mac is "Postcard From (your home area)l". MacGail's ManLanny,Dave,Kathy and I have a little contest to show a new theme header each week. We now post anytime before 4 PM EDT and voting begins after that. 

This was a neat theme this week by my friend Mac. The neat thing with a college town is you have views of both the town and the college.  We are building the new Fairchild Ave. Bridge.
It is now open and almost complete.
I walked onto the bridge to get a view of the Cuyahoga River, one of the main reasons there is the city of Kent.
This is a view of the Main Street Bridge looking up the Cuyahoga River toward the Fairchild Bridge. you can see the grain elevator in this postcard.
This is the old train depot which has been converted to a restaurant.
Here is a view of the grain elevator. 
There is new construction as the college makes a Hotel and Convention Center in the downtown area.
Here is a water tower on the KSU campus. 
What I chose for my header is a postcard shot of the MAC Center which is used for sporting events and concerts. I know it wasn't named after our Mac from England.
See what the others have shown from the above links.

10 comments:

Jackie said...

I loved looking at each photo. The views of your city are marvelous. I love to "travel" via blogging...and your blog photos today allow me to do that.
(I smiled at the name of the sporting center. I was thinking of Stewart, too, when I saw it! :))))
I especially love the photos of the train tracks, the depot that has been converted to a restaurant....wonderful spots to photograph. (My son is a train engineer. I have a "heart" for trains!)
The Cuyahoga River is beauuuuutiful!! What a spot to photograph!! Wonderful shots...all of them!!
Hugs and smiles,
Jackie

imac said...

My Building Tom lol. very neat my friend.
Love all the captures, your tonw seems a beautiful place to live in Tom.

Sylvia K said...

Love your header shot and what an interesting post and great photos, Tom! The Cuyahoga River is beautiful indeed! Hope your week is going well! Enjoy!

Sylvia

Unknown said...

Looks a lot different from the Kent I know. The one in the south east of the UK which is often called the Garden of England, due to farming, orchards etc

Dave Cawkwell said...

Well my daughter has just been accepted for a place at a University in Kent but I don't think it's that one! Looks good though.

George said...

These are great views from Kent. You did a good job of showcasing your hometown.

Anonymous said...

Your header shot is a stunner!

Lanny said...

So crisp and clear. I think I would love a college town, especially in the fall, brick and big leaved trees...

Sandi McBride said...

Wonderful shots of a home town growing, changing and staying the same all at once...
Sandi

SandyCarlson said...

These are wonderful shots. I love the graceful lines of the older buildings. Bridge sure is coming along!