Wednesday, May 6, 2009

What Is It XXIV - Answers

#1 It is a Gray Tree Frog that was on my deck. It was hiding in the grill cover. Warren from England guessed frog first. He has a neat bird blog and the birds in England are so different then ours. Joan did guess it in an E-mail but gave some fun answers on my site. She had a neat plant from South Africa yesterday (Grandfather's Pipe, who knew). Don't you think he is a beauty. Check out the matching eyes.
#2 This is the Gray Squirrel in my back yard. Sara guessed this first and since she got the one below Mary noted it was a Gray Squirrel, she has them in her back yard. Mary has some Bald Eagles on a nest yesterday.
#3 This is an Alpaca from a farm near us. Sara said Llama but they are the smaller cousin. You can see the butt of a brown one and the feet of a black one. They have a shorter snout then a Llama. Glennis got the answer last night, she has a neat site from down-under.
Yes, it is the NBA league's MVP from the Cleveland Cavaliers which was announced Monday night. He is the Lebron James. He has led his team to the number one record for home field advantage. The Cavs are the only undefeated team in the play-offs so far. This is the first Cavs player to win the MVP and he was the number 2 in the MVP defensive player voting, quite a feat. He can fly 6' 8" 270 #. Congrats to Sara for getting it, she is from Ohio also. She has a neat photo site worth a visit.

16 comments:

SAPhotographs (Joan) said...

There you go changing the pictures on me again Tom!! If you had just posted the correct ones, I would have got them all right. LOL!!

What a beautiful frog Tom. They are one of the most ugly and astounding critters we have. I would miss them at night if I did not have them to sing me to sleep along with the crickets. :)

I love that Alpaca. They seem like such lumbering creatures.

Well one out of 4 is not bad, there is an improvement every week. In a years time I will be getting two out of four correct. LOL!!

Keep them coming...I love this game. :)

Unknown said...

Good ones!!

Mary said...

Those were a lot of fun and thanks for giving all of our blogs a free ad :-) That frog is cute! I haven't seen an alpaca and didn't know the differences with the llama...will have to remember that.

Twisted Fencepost said...

I've never seen a grey frog before, but that pic just looked like a frog behind.
Two out of four ain't bad.

imac said...

Ah ah, I knew it was a frog, just could'nt think what it was called.LOL.

Pop and see how we go Right Round the Bend.

Ranger said...

Great shots. Amazing how almost anything can become interesting in photography.

Esther Garvi said...

The frog is so cool! You're lucky to have such critters on your porch! We only have toads here in West Africa, and they're not my favourite. Sheba likes to play with them, but it's an unfair game (to their disadvantage). Our monkeys used to catch them and roll them on the ground. At least they know they're no good for eating! (Sheba tried putting on them in her mouth, and I've never seen her spit for so long afterwards).

The little squirrel is adorable. Like I said before, we only have the red ones in Sweden. They're adorable too though!

The little alpaca is just charming! How old is he?

Thumbelina said...

Pththhtht. I should have got the squirrel.
I can forgive myself the alpaca and the basket ball guy. But I have seen enough squirrels...

Great quiz. Thanks.

storyteller's other blog said...

Very kewl ;--)
I didn't get here in time to play, but I enjoyed learning all the same.
Hugs and blessings,

Pietro Brosio said...

Fishing Guy, the whole sequence is really excellent. I like very much the grey squirrel!

Marie Reed said...

Your grill! I'm glad that he didn't get smoked and turned into accidental frog jerky! Great interesting find!

Stacey Olson said...

Cool frog!

Shelley said...

That frog is a cute & interesting fellow!

Leedra said...

The Gray Tree Frog is unique!

Leedra’s Photos For FunLeedra’s Greeting CardsPhotography By Leedra

Tipper said...

Amazing frog-I've never seen one like that. I would never have guessed it-but I think I would have gotten the squirrel.

Girl Tornado said...

Quite a cool looking frog! I hear the frogs' chorus out here every night the last few weeks (and toads). Last night there was a HUGE toad right outside our back door. Once he jumped, our lab caught sight of him, so lucky for Ringo he got to come in the house, because I didn't want him to mess with the toad! :)

Then I found a very small turtle in the driveway, but alas, one of our cats had already found him and he appeared to be "asleep". :-(

I have learned NOT to wear my flip flops at night when I take my girls outside. Who knows what I may step on, or IN. (as in, dead mouse or rat....)