Monday, September 7, 2009

My World # 48

This is my posting for the My World Meme. It is hosted by Klaus, Ivar, Sandy, Wren, Louise and myself. Won't you join in, I want to see where you live and thrive.

The Blossom Music Center has the Cleveland Orchestra put on a concert honoring Bugs Bunnies 40Th anniversary. This program is put on every Labor Day weekend. We took Golf Boy, his friend and Soccer Boy to the event. There was quite the crowd on the lawn. Children under 12 got in free. Bugs was the star but there were a lot of other characters since the addition of Hanna Barbara to the mix.
Here you can see the full orchestra in the pavilion.
Here is a view of the screen as Porky Pig and Sylvester got into the act.
A fun time was had by all with the orchestral music and the cartoons. The Roadrunner ones were the classic chase scenes with Wiley Coyote hitting the ground.
You can see a lot of great places around the world.

28 comments:

Rose said...

I still love those old cartoons!

Sylvia K said...

What fun! I love those old cartoons, too! Great shots!

Have a great week!

Sylvia

Loran said...

Uh, what's up doc? Looks like a lot of fun!

darsden said...

how cool is that..reminds me of watching them in between the movies at the drive in movie shows.. :-)

Jane Hards Photography said...

Bugs was always my favourite. He would be though wouldn't he. Great post.

Ruth's Photo Blog said...

Sounds like a fun time.Being outdoors just adds to the fun.
Blessings,Ruth

Snap said...

This looks like so much fun! I love Bugs Bunny and all his friends. Thanks for taking us with you!

Carver said...

Great shots of what looks like a fun concert. The cartoons are a nice touch.

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Sounds like a perfect event for kids, Tom... Looks like a good time was had by ALL. WE watched BoomsDay from Knoxville on TV last night.. They had marvelous fireworks.

Hope you all are having a great day.
Betsy

Janie said...

Looks like a fun event for all. I still can't help laughing at old cartoons, especially the road runner-coyote ones.

Gaelyn said...

What a wonderful idea. I love those old cartoons also.

Anonymous said...

I love bugs bunny! He's such a pain though.

SAPhotographs (Joan) said...

It does not matter how old I get, I still love the cartoons and Walt Disney. Maybe I am just a child at heart? :)

Arija said...

Lovely, I think my all time favourite was Sylverter and Tweetie bird.

SandyCarlson said...

That looks like a wonderful time.

I love the old cartoons, too. They showed great wit.

Michele said...

We both sit here and can watch those cartoons and giggle like kids... I can NEVER tire of them... hehe =)
Looks like a lot of fun!

Kichu $ Chinnu | കിച്ചു $ ചിന്നു said...

wow! really good. I too was a fan of bugs bunny and daffy duck :)..
ur fotos brought those good ol' days back :)

Tipper said...

What fun for kids and grown ups too!

Anonymous said...

That's all folks!

Barb said...

Hi FG, My Grandchildren would have loved this! Is it just nostalgia, or were the old cartoons the best?

George said...

Blossom Music Center was a place that I enjoyed when I lived near Cleveland years ago. It's nice to see that they are still doing fun things there.

Larry D said...

Bugs rules! Looks like a great time for all!

Pietro Brosio said...

I like the cartoons! Great images of the event, Tom!

DeniseinVA said...

So much fun and great photos.

Luiz Ramos said...

Good time. Beautiful World.
Luiz Ramos

Twisted Fencepost said...

Sounds like fun!
I love Bugs Bunny and Company!!

Anonymous said...

Oh, that sounds like so much fun!!! A very cool event!

Louise said...

I would have love the Roadrunner things. That was my very favorite when I was a kid.