Wednesday, September 30, 2009

What Is It XXXIV - Answers

#1 Is a Red-Eared Bluegill, it gets its name from the location of the shape that reminds you of an ear on the end of the gill plate. Craver VII was the first and said it was a fish ear and then said it was a bluegill when I asked to be more specific. Way to go on a great ID. He has a neat Crane Fly on his site. You can see it does look something like the eye of the fish. It takes a big bluegill to eat a minnow. #2 The photo of my favorite fish the Crappie. Craig was the man with a quick ID.
He has been off his feed with few posts lately but he was first.
#3 The top of my Coleman cooler that I put my fish into as soon as I get to the truck. I also use the lid to fillet my fish. Joan wrote me and said a cutting board. She has some neat bees on her site. She beat Craig by 2 minutes. Craig was really hot this week and also got this one.
My grandson was over this week and helped with the filleting job. He always calls it cutting the fish.

Hope you all had fun.

15 comments:

Darla said...

Fish, fish and a cooler for the fish..LOL!!

NCmountainwoman said...

I thought the scales were fish but that's as far as I got. Nice catch.

Craver Vii said...

So it wasn't a mermaid's bellybutton??

SAPhotographs (Joan) said...

Darla: that's about the same as my answer. LOL!!

Tom: Yip, sure got me on the species. Guess I have a problem because I don know either your fish or mine. LOL!! A great one again my friend. Thanks.

Craig: Glad to see you are WRONG again. Is Tom not taking your bribes anymore for the correct answers? LOL!!

Craig Glenn said...

How can you say I was wrong Bug Lady, I got 2/3 and my answers were public not made up in some email that may or may not exists!

Craver Vii said...

Did the flying messenger elephant ever arrive?

SAPhotographs (Joan) said...

Craig: Bribed answers do NOT count I'm afraid. LOL!!

Craver: I think that elephant got sidetracked. I hope so for the sake of Craig roof. LOL!!

Tipper said...

I think I might have gotten these-If I'd just have come by earlier : ) Nice catch-and nice that your grandson helps!

Jenn Jilks said...

I knew it was fishy! But I'm not a fish person, all I recognize is my gold fish!
Love your puzzles!

Coy Hill said...

Nice game you had going here. I would have guessed the crappie for sure but I think you would have stumped me on the others.

Fall fishing should kick into gear pretty soon with the water temps dropping.

SandyCarlson said...

Those fish and the Coleman logo....to this tired, confused, sleepless mind, are just plain sweet.

Pietro Brosio said...

Tom, I think the first two were not difficult (however, I haven't guess them).
Thanks for your email, I'm very glad you are coming to Italy in Spring! I've never been to Bolzano: yes, this town may be similar to Turin perhaps as regards the atmosphere, but it's not the same thing.
Have a nice day!

Bill S. said...

Good eatin' - a cooler full of hot fishing.

Craig Glenn said...

Great game Tom, Always fun, even when the Bug Lady plays!

Craig

Glennis said...

You had a good catch.