Wednesday, July 15, 2009

What Is It XXIII - Answers

These were tough ones. I went to a place called The Wilds in Cumberland, Ohio. They have a neat area and my daughter took me there after our trip to Tappan Lake. We rode on a safari type bus with no windows. It was dusty but the photos came out well. They have a lot of endangered species on the grounds. I have at least 100 photos from the trip. The header is a group of Asian Rhino getting cooled off.

#1 is a Bactrian Camel which is shedding its Winter Coat. Joan did get this on her second guess.
#2 is a Fringe-Eared Oryx. Joan did mention an Oryx in an E-mail but really didn't get the fringe ear.
#3 was a Giraffe Ear, this was a Rothschild's Giraffe. Craig was the first to guess it.
I hope you had fun.

14 comments:

Regina said...

Amazing. Great shots.
Regina

SAPhotographs (Joan) said...

Oh wow Tom!! This was unbelievabe!! I told you the colors reminded me of an oryx but I have never seen an ear like that. It must have been damaged at some stage of his life.

Craig is going to have a fit when he sees how right I was this week. He is SO jealous!! LOL!!

Thank you for sharing. Those Asian Rhino are magnificent and they look like they come out of the times of the dinosaurs.

That trip sound like what we do here too and is the greatest of fun providing you do not mind the dust of course.

Thanks!! :)

imac said...

Great shots there Tom, sorry too hard for my little brain lol.

Lanny said...

Fun!

George said...

In a way I'm glad I missed the original post -- I wouldn't have gotten a single one! But the pictures sure are great.

Carletta said...

Love the header shot FG!

Pietro Brosio said...

Tom, I didn't know the answers but the pictures are really beautiful!

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Looks like you had a great time at the zoo. I knew the 1st and 3rd--but not the 2nd...Great pictures, Tom.
Betsy

Darla said...

these were fun!!

Tipper said...

Oh they're always to hard for me-but I love the game anyway :) Great shots of the animals.

Tom Arbour said...

Very nice Tom- Seems like you really enjoyed The Wilds. I haven't been there in about fifteen years and I'm itching to get back.

Tom

Twisted Fencepost said...

I never would have guessed the first two. But I know a giraffe ear when I see one. tee hee
I love giraffes!

Craig Glenn said...

Why yes, Tom, I did have fun!

Joan the bug lady is such a cheater! I'm just sayin'...

lol

You know we love you J!

Craig

Rose said...

I would have gotten the giraffe, but doubt if I would have guessed the others in a million years.