Friday, December 21, 2007

Clash of the Choirs - Finale

Clash of the Choirs is over. Drew Lachey Choir from Cincinnati, Ohio won the event. We all know that none of the celebrates had the time or knowledge to train the choirs to perform to the level they did. Blake Shelton even admitted he had never been in a choir. I think it was a shame that the people that did so much work behind the scenes were not recognized. I think it was nice that all the choirs went back with money for their charities.

It really was a story about charity more then anything else. They were very selective with the people they chose to make sure there was a story for the show. I thought there should have been more Christmas music but that wasn't the way it went.

The be song I heard was the "Flight of the Bumblebee" done acapella by Drew Lachey's choir. That song may have won him the contest because of the great job the choir did with the song.

Blake Shelton won most entertaining of the celebrates. If you watched Nashville Star you already knew he was funny. His girlfriend, Miranda Lambert, was in the audience for all performances. They had her on camera several times.

1 comment:

Carletta said...

I wasn't sure when you would look at the show since you had to tape it so I had to refrain. Now can I just say YEAH TEAM LACHEY!!!
I agree about Blake being the funny one. I so enjoyed him.
Merry Christmas!