Tuesday, December 25, 2007

The Joy on Christmas Day

I thank all of you who read my blog and wish you a Merry Christmas. Blogging has become a part of my life I want to share with all of you.

What is the true joy as seen at Christmas time? It is truly the joy of one who receives a gift that they truly wanted or not expected. My grand daughter's face was truly precious when she saw what she had received. We got her a flute that she didn't expect. I had replaced the mailbox recently so my wife used that box to pack the flute. They teased her that it was a mailbox of her own but I told her to open the package. She was truly surprised when she saw the black flute case in the packaging with a mail box picture on the outside. Her smile could not have been bigger. The flute was specially made with a return curve to the mouth piece to shorten the length because she is only 10. This should give her a start toward a gift of music.

2 comments:

Shark Girl said...

Merry Christmas to you too, Fishing Guy. Thanks for sharing your life with us. I enjoy reading your blog and I'm grateful to be someone you consider a friend.

Thank you for your prayers and concerns for me. You're a blessing to me.

You have a talented family. Art, music, and of course we can't forget the fishing trophies!

jedijawa said...

Cool! Giving the gift of music is a great thing! I hope that it goes well for her and she sticks with it! Keep me posted. :-)