Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Brooks & Dunn 'Cowboy Town'

I would like to say up front I'm not a critic, I'm a fan of Country Music and movies. Saying this in front it's hard for me to say a CD doesn't meet my expectations. I have to say that 'Cowboy Town' was not my favorite CD. The songs that have been released from the CD have been good so I expected more of the same. It's lucky I bought the CD at Wal-Mart because it had three Wal-Mart exclusive songs that were pretty good.

I really enjoy Kix Brooks and Ronnie Dunn as a duo. I feel Ronnie Dunn is the best singer of the two and has done some great ballads through the years. 'God Must Be Busy' falls into that category. There is another good song which was already released 'Proud of the House We Built'.

"Cowgirls Don't Cry' is the third song on the standard tracks which I enjoyed. I feel a lot of the other songs are so-so.

All the Wal-Mart exclusive tracks are ones I like. 'Cowboys, Cowboys' has a great beat and "Damn Right I'm Gonna Miss You' are both led by Ronnie and his soulful sound. Kix does a song 'Walk Away Slow' which is a better song by him.

I think if you like Brooks and Dunn you need to buy the CD from Wal-Mart for the extra tracks.

No comments: