Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Another Weather Story

Last night when I went to bed it was 50 degrees F. The winds started howling as a front moved into the area. I woke up this morning to 12 degrees F with 25 MPH winds and gust to 40 MPH. I think they said the wind chill was -13 degrees F. This weather is crazy. It will not get out of the 20's today but we only have a trace of snow. It is windy and cold.

The wind howled all night. There is a train track that runs about a 1/4 mile from my house. It sounded like the really long train was running all night. Every time I awoke you could hear it outside. I saw a picture on the news of a trailer truck blown over. We didn't have any wind damage but some of my friends said they had lost power.

This is crazy weather.

3 comments:

Shark Girl said...

We had howling wind last night and it was very cold. Funny... I too have a train track about a 1/4 mile away.

I love listening to it come and go and I like the sound of the whistle and the rumbling of the train.

Jo Castillo said...

We had wind, too, in central Texas, but the temp was in the sixties. :) We still got to golf. Rough wintering here.

This Is My Blog - fishing guy said...

The wind must have been blowing across the country. We were lucky not to have any snow with it. The last two times this happened we had blizzard conditions.