Monday, October 8, 2007

Black Squirrels

Kent State University has imported a variation of squirrels from London, Ont, Canada. It's black coat makes it a stand-out on the campus. The black squirrels have invaded the whole city. I have had red, gray and black squirrels in my buckeye tree at the same time. I had gray and black squirrels in my yard yesterday. I was able to get pictures of the black squirrel.






Here is a link to a sight about the black Squirrels:
http://www.victoria-park.com/ksu.htm

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I remember black squirrels from when I lived up north. We don't have them down here that I know of. It's been 10 years since I've seen one until your pictures.

Down here we have brown. Not grey, just brown. It would be nice to see a black one here. Then it would be like a bag of Kraft caramels. You get all brown ones then you did for the treasure....two or three black ones that were rich chocolately.

They don't do that any more. Personally, they should have packaged them so you get two or three brown ones, and the rest were the chocolate. :-)

Come to think of it, I don't think I've seen a Kraft dark brown caramel in 10 years either. Maybe they morphed into squirrels and moved to Ohio.

jedijawa said...

Those black ones are bigger and pretty aggressive with the other ones though.

This Is My Blog - fishing guy said...

Jedi

Yes, the blacks and greys do dominate the area. They have spead even to the next city where I work.