Wednesday, November 7, 2007

CMA Awards Show Tonight

I'm going to pick the winners tonight, let's see how I do.

ENTERTAINER OF THE YEAR
Kenny Chesney - I think Chesney will win. I saw him in Cleveland this summer.
Brad Paisley
Rascal Flatts
George Strait
Keith Urban - He's in Cleveland on Friday.

FEMALE VOCALIST OF THE YEAR
Alison Krauss
Miranda Lambert
Martina McBride
Reba McEntire
Carrie Underwood - This may be a no-brainer.

MALE VOCALIST OF THE YEAR
Kenny Chesney
Brad Paisley
George Strait
Josh Turner
Keith Urban - I'm going to see him on Friday with Gary Allen so he's my pick.

HORIZON AWARD
Jason Aldean
Rodney Atkins
Little Big Town
Kellie Pickler
Taylor Swift - This is a tough one but I'm a fan and have her albums.

VOCAL GROUP OF THE YEAR
Alison Krauss and Union Station featuring Jerry Douglas
Dixie Chicks
Emerson Drive
Little Big Town
Rascal Flatts - Another no-brainer.

VOCAL DUO OF THE YEAR
Big & Rich
Brooks & Dunn - A regular winner and still doing great, I'm picking them. They were in Cleveland on the Kenny Chesney tour.
Montgomery Gentry
Sugarland - They were in Cleveland on the Kenny Chesney tour.
The Wreckers

SINGLE OF THE YEAR(Award goes to Artist and Producer)

"Anyway"Martina McBrideProduced by Martina McBrideRCA Records

"Before He Cheats"Carrie UnderwoodProduced by Mark Bright19 Recordings Limited/Arista Records

"Lost In This Moment"Big & RichProduced by Big Kenny and John RichWarner Bros. - I'm taking an outside chance on this one. this is the best Big and Rich song.

My personal favorite is Clay Walker's "Fall" but it's not nominated.

Video of the year "On Line" Brad Paisley

No comments: