Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Deer in the Fog

It was a foggy drive to work this morning. The little warm spell and all the moisture in the air made a fairly soupy fog to drive to work. I was going down a two lane black top and saw something big in my head lights. It turned out that a doe decided to cross the road from a weeded area into a cornfield. It was a big doe and probably eats in the corn field regularly.

It was lucky that I had enough time to brake and let her go on her merry way. Boy am I seeing a lot of deer this year. I can't remember seeing many deer last year so they are either braver or the population is exploding. There are two cities side by side with no hunting allowed.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We're seeing them everywhere here, too. I feel bad for them, after the drought I wonder how much food they have.

The deer with a corn field has a pretty good life.

This Is My Blog - fishing guy said...

Sarah
She looked fat and happy. Well, maybe in the fog I couldn't see the happy.