Thursday, November 8, 2007

CMA results

Well, I made some good picks but there were a few surprises. Who would believe Sugarland would beat Brooks & Dunn?

ENTERTAINER OF THE YEAR
Kenny Chesney - I think Chesney will win. I saw him in Cleveland this summer. (Winner)

FEMALE VOCALIST OF THE YEAR
Carrie Underwood - This may be a no-brainer. (Winner)

MALE VOCALIST OF THE YEAR
Brad Paisley The (Winner), I have no problem with this one.

Keith Urban - I'm going to see him on Friday with Gary Allen so he's my pick.

HORIZON AWARD
Taylor Swift - This is a tough one but I'm a fan and have her albums. (Winner)

VOCAL GROUP OF THE YEAR
Rascal Flatts - Another no-brainer. (Winner)

VOCAL DUO OF THE YEAR
Brooks & Dunn - A regular winner and still doing great, I'm picking them. They were in Cleveland on the Kenny Chesney tour.

Sugarland - They were in Cleveland on the Kenny Chesney tour. (Winner) This was a real surprise. I don't think Jennifer Nettles even believed it.


SINGLE OF THE YEAR(Award goes to Artist and Producer)
"Before He Cheats"Carrie UnderwoodProduced by Mark Bright19 Recordings Limited/Arista Records (Winner)

"Lost In This Moment"Big & RichProduced by Big Kenny and John RichWarner Bros. - I'm taking an outside chance on this one. This is the best Big and Rich song.

My personal favorite is Clay Walker's "Fall" but it's not nominated.

Video of the year "On Line" Brad Paisley (Winner)

No comments: