Tuesday, November 20, 2007

A Special Thanksgiving

We are going to have a special Thanksgiving this year. We have three grandchildren who live in out of the USA. We don't get to see them often because of that. It's a lot different when grandchildren live out of the country. They don't have the closeness you get when you live close. We have three grandchildren who live in the same town we live. We see them every week. We have two that live an hour away in Ohio and we don't see them nearly as often. At least you do get to see them several times a year. The three that live far away we may get to see every few years.

As with all things, there are times when you wish the whole family lived closer together. You must understand that things occur that cause separation so you must take advantage of times that are available.

So our grand daughter, 14 years old, my second oldest grandchild is in the states trying to do some catching up on her education. The foreign schools aren't preparing her correctly for college so my daughter sent her to the states to increase her learning. We are taking advantage of her being in the states by flying her from Florida to be with us for Thanksgiving.

What are you thankful for:

1. I am thankful that I live in a country that gives you freedom to live as you want.

2. I am thankful for a family and the love that is shared.

3. I am thankful for the ability to have a belief in God.

4. I am thankful for friends to share my life with.

5. I am thankful for work that allows you to have choices in life.

6. I am thankful for a house to live in.

What are you thankful for during this season of thanks?

2 comments:

Shark Girl said...

I'm thankful for everything you listed too.

I'm going to Tennessee tomorrow with my mother to spend with my three sisters who live there. This will be the first time in years that we get together.

I have two brothers and another sister that won't be there. I understand the separation you're talking about.

Anonymous said...

Happy Thanksgiving, Fishing Guy! I'm thankful for the things you stated.

And thanks for sharing your comments and stories with us, too.